SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

JD 4030 Hydraulics, What type, How much, where to add

Donald Daugette Have a cousin who belongs to hunting club and they recently bought a used JD 4030 for working their plots. It has a 4 cyl diesel (4219). After running nearly all day without issue he said the hydraulic lift became slow to raise the cultivator. Is the cap behind the seat at the top of the case (looks like a large gas cap) where the fluid is serviced? If so how is correct servicing level confirmed? (Cannot find a dipstick or sight gauge) What type of fluid is recommended and how much is total capacity? thanks for any assistance.
Donald Daugette Sorry, it is a John Deere 2030, not 4030 as I previously wrote....
Bobby The cap behind the seat, you described, is where the hydraulic oil is serviced. Maybe two places for a dipstick, depending on tractor. The could be one near where the oil is poured in (would be long) or a dipstick on right side near foot rest. John Deere 303 or equilavent hydraulic oil is required. Most any farm supply would have the correct oil. Just ask for John Deere 303, they will know.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):



Sign Up For Our Monthly Special Sales!