SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

JD 265 Mower Deck Belt

Harold I have an older JD 265 w/46inch mowing deck. Every time the belts jump off I have to call a mechaninc to come and put them on. Can someone give me a step by step set of insturctions on how to install the belt that drives the cutting blade.

There are two drive pulleys one on each side of the deck. There is an idler pully that I am not able to get belt over for some reason. Do I have to release sping that holds tension on idler to put belt over it?

I watched a mechanic put it on once and he did not appear to release the tenison on the belt. He just threaded it thru the pulleys and then rotated one of the outside pulleys and got the belt to go over it.

I have no idea on what order to thread the pulleys and the idler. The belt looks to be in good order most of the time. A twig or limb gets in to the belt and it jumps out of the pully.

I need detailed help:
step 1: put belt over outside pully on right side of mower looking forward.
step 2: Thread belt in fornt of the mid two drives going in front of the most forwared and behind the trailing pully.
Step 3: take belt off the Left most pully.
Step 4: PUt belt infront of the right rear pully just before it gone on idler.
Step 5: GEt belt installed on the idler, which I am unable to do.
Step 6: haveing completed all the prior steps, then start belto on Left most pully and rotate pully unitl belt slips back on the pully.

This is the type of insturctions I need...but I have no idea if the above is correcto or near correct....I know I cannot make it work for me..

Thanks for any help.....Harold

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: