SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

4430 will not crank

john recently bought a 4430 at an auction started fine at sale and drove home I am not familiar with the tractor yet but when tried to restart after I got home it would not crank has no power to the small wire at the starter any suggestion would be appreciated
bontai Joe When started at the sale, was it fired up under its own batteries? Or jumped off another machine? If batteries are good, start checking all the wire connections that they are clean and tight.
David Fletcher Check the relay on the firewall in front of the cab, left side, above the battery box/step. It may also be the key switch itself.

Sorry, I would give you terminal numbers to check, but the manuals at the dealership. ;)

Jim R. Make sure it's in neutral or park and neut switch working. Brake switch, seat switch, pto switch. any of those possibilities need eliminating too, before wrenches are used, if it was mine anyway.

If it started once without extraordinary measures, it should at least try to start again.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: