SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

4450 front wieghts

Red Pete I just bought a 4450 2wd and it came with 12 front weights. We probably won't be using it with anything mounted on the 3pt for quite a while so I was thinking about taking some or all of the front weights off. Just wanted to get an opinion from someone who has one. Most of the tractors we have are CaseIH FWD and we don't use don't use any front weights unless we are using a heavy ridger or ripper on the 3pt. Then we take weights off just as soon as we are done. Thank you
Jim R. If you followed the ops manual to the "T", your supposed to add or remove weights, both front and rear and adjust tire pressure and probably some other things that I can't remember right now, for everytime you hook to a different implement. Three point, drawn, front mount, belly mount, and so on.

Most folks find a happy medium somewhere and only adjust when obviously needed. Your weights should be 110lbs each. 12 Maybe a little heavy for light work. You might want to remove SOME until you find your happy medium.

Jim R.

Bobby The 4450 will work just fine without any weights. You won't need weight unless you have a heavy load on the 3-point. Weights are most critical for the 3-point, mostly to counter the power lift, otherwise instead of picking up the implement, the front-end would come up...

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: