SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

JD 310SE Diesel Starts And immedietly Shuts Off

Fred Hello, I have a JD 310SE Diesel and she will start and immediatelly shut dowm. She has fuel to the pump and rails. Any ideas?
fred hey just an update its a JD 310d and i replace the fuelinjector shut off selonoid due to only having 3V after start up. But it still starts and shuts off. i hasve also found the inlet air restriction sensor bad and am replacing it next.If anyone has any other ideas on what would make it starts and shut off i really would appreciate it.

Thanks Fred

tractorfixer check to make sure you have return fuel coming out of return line at pump.if not remove fitting from top of pump. it could be stopped up with trash.

fred Thanks, no fuel at the return line, but if you unscrew one of the two bolts around the center housing of the pump it will run. I have since taken the injector pump off and sent out to be rebuilt, it is full of debris and trash. I am supposed to get back today or tomorrow. We will see what happens then. Thanks again.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: