SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Searching for advice on JD 314

Jeff Walker Need some input. I have a JD LA145 mower that has a transmission going out. I was going to replace it but research has shown me I will probably be doing this every few years. For the same price I have found a JD 314 but can find very little info on their reliability. I am thinking the 314 is a more rugged and dependable (though older) lawn mower. Any advice is appeciated.
bontai Joe The 314 is DEFINITELY more rugged, but it's also a minimum of 30 plus years old. The hydro is just about indestructable as long as it's not run empty, the Kohler "K" series motor is extremely reliable, and easy to work on, and it will take lots of different attachments.
Gary All I can say is I have a JD300 bought it in 1980 used from the local JD dealer here. I put this machine thru heck and it never let me down not one single time. In 2004 I had the motor rebuilt. That is the only thing I have ever done to it other then regular oil changes, hydro fluid change at the recommended times. this might help you in your decision to get the 314. to me any 300 series is usually a good decision in my book.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: