SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

John Deere L130 "Never again" nvrthawt id say that !

Jon W. I purchased a John Deere L130 from a John Deere Dealership never thought I would have to read reviews to see what I was getting into!
John Deere has definitely joined the mainstream of manufacturing America and begun to manufacture an inferior product.
I read an article in Fortune magazine(Oct. 2007) about how Bob Hanson former CEO of Deere & Co.
"whipped " them in to shape.
Well, I got a "Whippin"from them when I purchased my L130 Riding Mower. I'm not going to type all that into this message, I don't feel like typing that much, and it would be a lot.
All that is really important to a company like Deere is Profit, nothing else,just profit.
I also heard that all Riding Mowers are manufactured by 1(one) sole company now and that is MTD.
So, what is the purpose of buying a different brand of equipment? Seems as if we are just buying a name.
And as for the dealership BEVINS MOTORS/John Deere (formerly of Frankfort,Kentucky) there customer service even adds to my dismay.

AMERICA!,I want to ask , how long can this continue? our economy is bad (you don't need me to tell you that),how much more can the working people of America take this?
I spoke w/ someone from John Deere I wanted to tell them that I notice that their replacement parts for my mower were design to malfunction prematurely oh, I did not mention that in the beginning of this message. Well,looking at the parts that were made in a punch press they have "Stress" impressions on them, just like if you pinched them with a pair of cutters, or like if you were trying to cut the metal with a chisel but real neat like.
Thank You for your time, Jon

Tom I know exactly what you mean! My LA 130 has 70 hours on it. I can mow woth it for 10 minutes before it quits pulling. JD is more than happy to replace the same trans. with one just like it. For the minute sum of $900.00. Apparently thousands of JD lawn tractors are in the same shape. Never ever buy a JD with the K44 transmission!!!! JD needs to step up and replace all these inferior transmissions. If they don't then the great JOHN DEERE name will be no better than the $699.00 Walmart brands. Matter of fact I wish I still had my Murray. Then at least I would be able to mow my yard again.
stefan Weird. I have the l130 with 150 hrs and we use it for everything. I use it to plow my 1/4 mile driveway, move my 19ft camper around the yard, and cut the grass.(duh) I even pulled a geo metro out of a ditch. And the k44 trans has not had any problems, besides a god awful squeaking noise.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: