SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

stuck intake valve on JD 420 onan p220

johnrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Took head off engine head and found that intake valve is stuck open on one piston. Engine is Onan p220. Now what do i do???
thepumpguysc Whats the problem?? Smack it with a hammer, knock off the carbon, get it to re-seat..
Remove the valve, see if its bent..IF NOT.. Run some scotch-brite down the guide and re-install..

johnrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr thank you sounds like a plan, will smack the valve when i figure its in the right place in the four stroke cycle to smack.
johnrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Well I smacked it and still didn't get any pressure when I put a gauge on it. Took it apart and found a screw had fallen into the carburator and settled in the intake valve. My wife wondered where the screw had gone(no I not being a jerk she said it). Well ordered a new valve and will install. Have a nice manual with break-down of engine now.
johnrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Purchased the intake valves from a Cummins/onan dealer and installed. The dealer was good to work with. Was able to borrow a valve spring compressor from a local Auto Advance store for no charge. What a great policy.
perry watkins doubt i have such a store near me

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: