SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

GT275 deck belt burning up

Sam Williams I have replaced four drive belts in two weeks. I put on a new one and got one hour mowing out of the last one. It ot hot, streatched and broke into pieces. Do I look for bearing problems in the PTO clutch assemply or the Jack sheave on the Pirana mulch deck? Both were too ht to touch when the belt broke.
bontai Joe Check both, It sounds like a bad bearing somewhere that causing the belt to slip under load, which leads to belt failure. I'm assuming that you are using the correct size Deere belt? Or if you are using an $8 auto belt, that alone may be the problem.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: