SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

John Deere PTO will not disengage

Craig John Deere 2350 PTO will not disengage...THe PTO knob that engages pto between gear shifters does not disengage pto when it is pushed down...Does anyone have knowledge of common fixes for this problem..It just started doing this last weekend while I was mowing..Thanks, Craig..

Jim R. Hi Craig,

Can you upload some pictures? What year tractor, is that the older, like late 70's early 80's 2350 6cyl long nose? Mechanical linkage and mechanical pto drive? if so, possibly grass, dirt, sticks grease all bunched up in a critical spot preventing travel or linkage broken or worn.

JR.

Craig
Re: John Deere PTO will not disengage

Thanks Jr. - its an 80's model 2350 and I think the linkage is mechanical ...The only picture I have of the Tractor available right now is this one that I have attached ..I'm going to work on it next weekend - any advice greatly appreciated ....Craig

Gary Craig,
Well I hope this isn't your problem but we just had a 5520 doing the same thing after mowing some pastures with a BW 180 bating and it turned out to be we had smoked the pto clutch. It was warped so bad it couldn't disengage. Major job to repair
Gary

Gary Craig,
Well I hope this isn't your problem but we just had a 5520 doing the same thing after mowing some pastures with a BW 180 bating and it turned out to be we had smoked the pto clutch. It was warped so bad it couldn't disengage. Major job to repair
Gary

Matt I have a john deere 2755 4wd, 89 model.Almost like the tractor you have pictured. My qusetion is the pto clutch, can you get to it by just spliting the tractor like replacing the drive clutch.
Craig Thanks all for the comments...if the clutch is somewhat warped is there a chance it could disengage itself (similar to a shifting clutch plate sticking)?
Craig Gary, this did happen after mowing many consecutive hours with a batwing mower...
Craig Does anyone know what $$ ballpark figure for JD to split this Tractor and estimate repairs?

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: