SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

John Deere 950 4wd w/ loader

Stuart I have a hydraulic problem with my tractor. Changed filter(s) and cleaned the screen and the pump is working.
THE Problem: The loader and 3 point hitch work fine for about 1 to 2 minutes then will not raise but once put to the lowest level or to the ground will not come back up? If you turn the engine off and restart the same reaction takes place.
Has anyone had this experience with the JD 950 model tractor and if so what will remedy the problem and restore the hydraulic system to operating properly.

Dennis I have the same tractor and never a problem.

Were you aware that you had to use motor oil in the tranny and pump, and not hydraulic fluid?

I have used Quaker State 5W50 Pure Synthetic, for
what its worth.

Jimmy Garst I have a JD 950 that has continually had a leaking front hub. Did John Deere have problems with leaking hubs on four wheel drive units? I am thinking about buying another JD950 with 2200 hours, would you consider that too many hours? Thank for the help and Happy New Year!!

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: