SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

JD 110 Brake Doesn't Work

David When using the brake, if I push the brake all the way down, the mower still rolls. It does absolutely nothing. I know the brake pedal doubles as the clutch. When pushing up to 80% down, it's the clutch. The last 20% is the brake. I took apart the mower today. I tried to follow all the pulleys and anything mechanical the pedal is hooked up to and I can't quite figure out how it works. Where I was looking was under the battery in the engine compartment. That is where I think the "magic" of the brake works. Can anyone explain to me how the brake works, and how to troubleshoot why it doesn't stop at all when I press it down. If I'm going on a downward slope and press the brake all the way down, the mower will go until I'm at the bottom of the hill or I tranny slam it.
DOUGLAS NORMAN
PLEASE EXPLAIN HOW TO ADJUST WHERE YOU WILL HAVE BRAKES

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: