SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Bent Axle?

Robert Yeranossian The people who service my roughly 25 year old 214 came to take it away the other day and promptly let it fall off the trailer. Owner admits mistake, duh, and wants to offer me a new Toro tractor, instead of fixing (says not worth time and can't get parts because of age).
I prefer not to have a Toro, and want my 214 fixed. Is the lack of parts thing an excuse? Thanks for the opinions.

bontai Joe Deere has discontinued some parts on these, and him being a Toro dealer, he would have to go to the local Deere dealer to order anyway. Which axle? front or rear?
Robert Yeranossian I haven't been given a detailed description of the damage yet. I assumed it was the rear, but I was told that the tractor fell off the trailer onto its nose and then tipped onto its side. Maybe it's the front axle?
bontai Joe The front one is a lot easier and cheaper to replace, and just my opinion, but the 214 is definitely worthy of fixing if possible. The only garden tractor I see from Toro is the GT2200 which is built by MTD and although a decent machine for the money, can't do all the things your 214 can do. I see no rear sleeve hitch offered, no tiller available, so I'm guessing they don't want you to use this much in the garden.
bontai Joe Just wondering what has happened and what damage was done?

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: