SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

L120 electric clutch quit working

Bryan Gagas I have a L120 rider with 48" deck. while mowing the deck quit working but engine runs fine. I checked for seized parts in deck - all good. I checked fuse and swapped relay by battery with new - no change. I have noticed that if you stat engine and pull PTO switch nothing happens, but if you stand up off the seat the deck will engauge but engine cuts out. If you lock in the parking brake and do the same the deck will not engause and the engine will stay running. is this a problem with the seat sensor or the PTO switch? any ideas.
Rob Zirlis Bryan,
I had the same problem happen to me and just found the issue after tearing apart the wiring system. One of the two black wires right at the connection to the clutch were exposed just enough to short. I took the loose black wire off the connector and spliced it a few inches down the second wire and the clutch engaged. The vibration of the clutch underneath must loosen the wire on ocassion. Hope this helps you as I was looking for someone to respond for me as well. Any questions feel free to write back.
Good Luck,
Rob

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: