SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

755 engine knock

mike engine started knocking after approx 10 min at idle(1500rpm)and was smoking. i shut it down right away and later when i started it up it ran fine. I let it run for 20 min and it seems OK. 1994 deere 755 with 1500 hrs. I have been buring biodiesel. Oil and other fluids all OK. Can any one advise me?
thepumpguysc Not uncommon..sounds like a sticking injector..
Pull ALL of them out and get them tested..[cheap]
DONT TELL the tester your using BIO fuel..he will replace them quick..
It sounds like it stuck OPEN..NOT GOOD.
You can wash down a cylinder QUICK..
When you pull them out get me the P# stamped on the body by the inlet connection and I'll give you a fair estimate of what they will cost new..
Good luck..TPG

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: