SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

SST16 Steering Problem

Shay Holt Mower will not steer to left and right, will go forward and reverse. Replaced filtes but did not help. Any suggestions? Thank You
biker3777 Yep,pull off the fenders and you will find the steering vacuum diaphrams,one of them has a hole in it (or both)
Scott Mine wont steer either but if i charge the battery it will???????????
Scott Mine wont steer either but if i charge the battery it will???????????

email me please

pat I have the same problem as Scott it runs about 1.25 hours then will not steer left or right, let is sit then charge battery it goes for 1.25 hours then steering quits????
gary scott and pat replace the voltage regulator that should fix it
Stef I have to over steer mine in order to turn it. I have a lot of play in the wheel. The linkage is tight and the filters are good. Any thoughts?
KEVIN I JUST PICK UP A SST 16 NO STEERING GUY SAID WHEN HE GOT IT IT DID NOT HAVE REV STEERING BUT WORKED EVER WHERE ELSE THEN IT STOP WORK FLAT OUT SO I BOUGHT IT NO VACUME LEAKS AT THE diaphrams BUT LOW VOLTAGE IM SHOW .178 , WITH OUT ENGINE RUNNING WITH A FULLY CHARGE BATTERY STILL LOW VOLTAGE NO ENGINE RUNNING YET JUST TURNING IT OVER I FOLLOW THE WIRING UP FROM THE diaphragm TO A THREE PRONG PLUG (WHITE IN COLOR) N/C DOES THIS PLUG INTO SOMETHING IF SO WHAT
john I am having problems with mine steering after I engage the mower. Any suggestions on what it might be???? Thanks
Timothy cromer Im not sure how the drive belt pulley or the pto clutch goes on the engine crank shaft.if anyone can post a pic.that would be great.I have no steering at all.since ive replaced the engine
Jon I can't get mine to steer but don't have a voltage problem. New battery and charging properly. No holes in the diaphragms, no vacuum leaks, linkage all seems to moving properly when wheel turned and forward or reverse is engaged. Is there a way to test the transaxle to make sure thats not the problem.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: