SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

STX38 issues

Paul Clinton I have a 15 year old JD STX38-black deck. I replaced the switch, solenoid. I starts, runs good. I use it for about an hour, then after I shut it off and try to start it up again, it will not start. No grunts Nothing, wont even make a noise. Sometimes after a few days it will start. New battery, fully charged. I just ried to start it after 24 hours, nothing.
John I have the exact same problem. The mower doesn't charge the battery. If I start with a fully charged new battery, I can mow the lawn but if it's even a little low, it won't mow the whole yard before stopping. Also, it instantly kills the engine electrically if I engage the blades. I found the two wires that engage the blades while bypassing all the other wires around the ingnition switch and that works for as long as the battery holds a charge. It's just that the mower won't keep the battery charged. I don't have a manual and won't pay $50.oo for one so can anyone tell me where the generator/alternator is on the mower so I can see if it's good.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: