SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

John Deere 955 3 point hitch is really weak

David I all I have never done this and I did look to see if this question was listed but can someone plz tell me if the gear pump on this unit drives the 3 point hitch lift? When I try to lift there is a wining sound only under a load and I noticed my loader is weak also. Thanks Dave
scott buley I've found the 855 and 955 JD tractors to have relatively weak 3pt hitch lift capacity--compared to other similar hp JD mechanical transmission tractors and also compared to other similar horsepower models of other brands. The whining sound may be just an indication that what you are trying to lift is beyond the capacity of the tractor. My understanding is that you are hearing the sound the system makes when weight capacity is exceeded and the tractor systems "safety design" automatically by-passes hydraulic fluid. I'd be interested in knowing if ANYONE has lifted 950+ lb implements on the JD955 tractor. I want to run a 2001 Soil Reliever model SR54 on a 955 but I'm concerned it will be far too heavy.....beyond the 3pt hitch pin holes. I've had this problem on 855 and 955's in the past with 3pt aerifiers for golf use.
Thanks/Scott

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: