SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

John Deere 2010C Diesel starting problems

Chris I inherited a 2010C (crawler) dozer with a diesel.

Yesterday, I started and ran it no problem.
Today I went to start it and it will not even turn over. It try's to turn over. The front pulley moves maybe a 1/8th of a turn then stops.

I am thinking some kids were playing on it last night so maybe they hit some switch or lever??

I don't know, I have a manual from the 60's but so far it has bene little help. Any ideas!

Thanks

Chris

John Heine Could the control lever for blade be in raise or lower position? Oil level in crankcase ok? See if you can turn engine by hand.
Ralph Cris , the kids probably kept pumping the primer and filled up a cylinder with fuel so you have hydrostatic lock. DON"T force the engine to turn or you will bend a rod or break the crankshaft!! Instead you need to remove the glowplugs and then spin it over to blow out the fuel. RALPH

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: