SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

John Deere 410C low power

Larry I have a john deere 410c backhoe with 2400 hours, I just bought....It is lazy coming up to full RPM...2200...I have check the timing and change the fuel filters....check lift pump...Check fuel line supply to pump..check stall RPM..It's about 200 Rpm lower than John deere specs....The crazy thing about the problem is the engine WILL NOT SMOKE!!!even under stall conditions....No black smoke at all, from idle to full throttle, no smoke. Starts up perfect cold or hot....It just is not making all the power it should! Could this be a fuel injection pump problem.
Thanks alot Larry P.S. I drove other 410C's and they perform like a diesel should.

leonard Larry, You probably have your machine fixed by now but if you haven't then try this. The Roosa Master/Stanadyne pump is famous for getting a bubble trapped just inside the injector line at the pump end of the line. Now be careful! Start your engine and loosen the line at each injector, one at a time and allow it to bleed for a few seconds each. Watch for air and make sure each line is pulsing a good flow of fuel. There should be fuel pulsing with each time the pump pressurizes the line. If this doesn't cure your problem,make double sure you have bled all of the system from your filter all the way to your pump. Another thing to check would be your return line back to the tank. Make sure it can flow freely from your injectors back to the tank. Another thing I have seen is, check and make sure you don't have a hydraulic valve engaged some where. This will hold pressure on the engine and cause it to seem sluggish. Hope this helps. Leonard

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: