SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

no hydraulice on 310a

gary attebery HELP!!! I just repaired two hyd. leaks on my hoe. one on the stabilizer and one on the front loader control valve. then without thinking i filled the hyd. back up while it was cold (DUH). oil level is now slightly over full. after using it for a while, i started (i'm assuming) loosing hydraulic pressure, not only in drive, but with the loader and the back hoe. PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN. THANKS MUCH.
gary attebery also, if i let it set for a while, it will work for a while.
dave recheck your hyd. oil and make sure its not low. what was the leak on the controll valve you fixed? did you change any relief valve settings? did you get any dirt in the valve while making repairs?
gary attebery the oil shows a little over full when hot. the control valve leak was oil leaking past the top o-ring. they messed up with the boot assembly when it was installed orinionally. i never touched anything exsept the 3 o-rings between the sections and the o-ring on the top. (fyi) it does not leak now, at least on the outside. also, the diferential lock will not work.
gary attebery the oil shows a little over full when hot. the control valve leak was oil leaking past the top o-ring. they messed up with the boot assembly when it was installed orinionally. i never touched anything exsept the 3 o-rings between the sections and the o-ring on the top. (fyi) it does not leak now, at least on the outside. also, the diferential lock will not work. thanks for your fast response. gary
dave gary a number of things could have happened if you split the controll valve to replace 3 orings it could be leaking internaly. you need some gauges to check presures. does the hyd. oil look milky or bubbley? if so check for leak on suction side of hyd. system
gary attebery Dave, the oil is clear, no bubbles and not milky. any other ideas? thanks gary
dave if you can get some hydrauilic gauges and take some pressures it would help greatly. take pressures before the controll valve and after the valve in the system. if there is no presuure before the valve, possible bad pump. if pressure is there and not after controll valve there is a problem in the valve. gauges arnt exspensive, just a pain sometimes to get the right fittings to hook into the sytem. you local deere dealer would probaly help with a digram for you. ill look and see if i can email one to you.
John Mechanic How mutch over full on the dip stick?
A half inch, an inch, a foot?
Does the steering and brakes still work normal?
Does the loader still work normal with good power?
Dave is right but let's answer a few more questions.

gary attebery John, it approximatly 1/2 inch overfull. The steering and brakes still work but the loader, and hoe hardly work at all.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: