SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

John Deere Blade Stuck on Tree Stump.

Bob Palas I don't have the tractor model number with me. All I know is that, I was riding the thing yesterday and ran over a tree stump and now the blade seems to be stuck right in it. As soon as the blade struck it, the engine turned off. The engine still works. I am able to go back and forth when pressing the pedals but the actual tractor will not budge. I tried pulling, pushing, rocking, sticking my hand under the mulcher...and nothing. It is very hard to reach the blade or even cut the tree stump with an axe or chainsaw. I do not know how to dismantle the top. Someone out there, please help! I have to get this out. It looks completely hopeless.

Any advice will do. I am very desperate.

Thanks in advance.

bontai Joe Without a model number, I can't get specific, but I would think the best course of action would br to disconnect the deck from the tractor, get a couple of buddies to help lift the tractor off the deck, and then see if the blade shaft that's stuck can be unbolted from the deck.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: