SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

332 mower deck belt replacement

Maggie exactly how do you change the mower deck belt on the 332? My husband, naturally, managed to flip it off while mowing, don't ask
Maggie Actually it's the front PTO belt replacement diagram I need. It's the belt that runs the front PTO and powers the deck.
bontai Joe At the front of the tractor, below the grill, there is a knob that tensions the belt. Turn this counterclockwise to loosen the pulley to make it easier to get the new belt on. You can remove the grill by pulling forward, but NOT by the Deere emblem as that will snap off most times. Belt goes around the big pulley in front behing the grill, down to the mule drive (2 pulleys side by side under the grill and back around the mower drive pulley. Be sure to get the belt under all the little steel keepers and into the pulley grooves properly. Start the tractor, mower OFF, raise the deck and tighten (clockwise) the knob below the grill until the pointer show proper tension is achieved. Pop the grill back in place and go cut grass. Estimated time for a total novice.... 20 minutes. A clumsy klutz with really big hands can do it in less than 5 minutes, but I've done it many times.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: