SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

JD 314 Oil leak

Lew I have a JD 314 with a oil leak. I can seem to find it. The leak appears more from the front. I have placed a catch cardboard for this purpose. Before use the oil seems fine. I can only assume hydrolic leak? Took gumout engine cleaner and I cleaned the entire engine. Still can seem to locate it.

Suguestions?

Thanks
Lew

bontai Joe Get a bright light and really look to see where it's leaking from. At least pin it down to engine oil or hydro fluid.
Lew Miller Thanks. Doesnt appear engine oil. Oil checks fine every time. Must be Hdro fuild.
bontai Joe If it's hydro fluid AND coming from the front of the tractor, check out the lines to the 2 front hydraulic couplers, check the fittings, look for cracks in any hoses, etc. The supply to those couplings is the only hydro fluid near the front of the tractor.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: