SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

john deere noise when engage blades like out of allignment?

Jeff Morris I hit the edge of a tree last week with the deck and all of a sudden the blades started making a loud noise. Sounds like it's unbalanced or something. My husband has taken the deck off and we can't figure it out. Do the blades need to be in a certain position? The last time It made this noise was when I ran over some plastic and it got wound up in the blades. We're stumped and need to mow today!!! Thanks for you help.
Jeff Morris It's and LX 288 with 54 inch deck
bontai Joe If the deck is still off, rotate the blades and see if they hit the edge of the deck (means you bent the deck shell and a hammer will fix it) or if the blades hit each other (you REALLY bent something and probably meed new parts). The blades do NOT have to be in any special position in relation to each other, they are designed to miss each other as they rotate.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: