SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

GT235 - carb overflows

Bradley Donald Beghin Carb started to overflow. Removed it & cleaned it thinking that the float was stuck. No repair manual & there was a solenoid or something on bottom of float bowl. Curious on what it does and how to re-connect it without removing entire engine shroud. I hate to twist the wire again screwing it back on.
Al Takatsch I have the same tractor, gt235 with a Vanguard 18hp engine and every five years I have to replace the float valve.
The symtom is flooding carb, black smoke and very bad running.
The valve has a small soft rubber tip which makes the seal.
John Deere part# lg807706 $18.99

That solinoid valve closes off the fuel flow when the key is off so it doesn't flood the carb.

Let me know how the repair turns out.

Al

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: