SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

318 Mower Deck Burning Belts

Tony I have a 318 and the no matter what I do I cannot get the bet adjusted properly. It has a belt tensioner assembly that mounts in the front that has the adjustments for the belt. It says to adjust the belt in the raised position. When I do that and turn on the mower deck it shreds the belt and I have to completely remove the adjuster screw to make it work. Any suggestions?
bontai Joe Are you using the correct size belt? Do all the pulleys on the deck turn freely? Do the pulleys on the Mule drive (belt adjuster in front) turn freely? Is one of the steel belt keeper fingers rubbing the belt?

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: