SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

2009 x320

joe maybe someone willl have an answer. I just bought a x320 2009. I was cutting the grass and got near the top of a small hill and turned the steering wheel to the left to go around a tree. Instead of going left(the front wheel did turn), i kept going straight. this happened a few times after attempting to back up and then go uo the same path again. My uncle seems to think if I add weight to the back of the tractor or calcium to the back tires that ths will not happen anymore. The dealer wont switch out my tires unless I purchase the HDAPs, about 125/tire. My question is, do you think the tires or the calcium would help? I just assumed that if the front was not getting any traction or turning ability, that the weight should be added in front. The only other option I have is to use the JD promise and try the x500 with the HDAP tires. I would just get the tires on the tractor I have now but I only have about 10 days left to return it and if it doesnt work then Ill be screwed. Im a little leary to get the 500 although it does have the locking differential. Anyone know if you can return more than 1 tractor with the JD promise?thanks
Dave Joe - The problem is common. It happens with my X540 and I've got the HDAP tires. You need to have more weight on the front to up the traction for the front tires. - Dave

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: