SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

4430 PTO

Shawn Fontenot I have a JD 4430 and have to hold the PTO lever ingaged with a bungi cord, pto does work. Anyone have a idea of whats happening and any suggestions on how to fix would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Shawn

Hoss There is an aluminum arm inside the clutch valve that is probably bent or broken. Remove the clutch valve housing (on the side of the clutch housing) and change the lever.
Shawn Fontenot
Re: 4430 PTO

Hoss,

Is the rod in this housing or is it behind this ?

Hoss What you are looking for is an aluminum lever on the inside or back side of the valve housing you have pictured. When you remove this housing there will be an sheetmetal cover held on by one bolt. remove this cover and you will mostlikely see your problem. I will be out of town for about a week so it may be next weekend before I can get back to you if you need more help.
shawn fontenot Thanks for the help . I'll let you know the outcome.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: