SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

John Deere 455 fuel problem

Garey Gjerstad I have a JD 455 diesel lawn/garden tractor. The fuel shut off actuator will not pull back as it should to allow fuel to flow. I removed the old actuator and had John Deere test it. Tested bad, bought new and replaced and it's still not working. I have 12.7 volts at the plug where the actuator plugs in. The actuator appears to work fine when removed from the tractor and "hot wired" from a battery. Thanks in advance for the help.

Dale G. Basgall Garey : There are two seperate coils a hold in coil and a run coil that's why there are four wires going to it.

I had the same problem and changed the fuel shutoff and hold in coil which is pricey and most likely yours is still good like mine was also.

Where your problem may be is at the starter big terminal which has the battery cable and three fuseable link wires you can get at NAPA, they are six times cheaper than the JD fuseable links.

Take the wires off the big terminal on the starter, three of them go back to the starter switch and un tape them approximately four inches back toward the ignition switch at the starter terminal.

Bend each one carefully and not to much and you will find there is one that seems limp and what happens is the wire breaks but still looks good because the plastic insulation is still ok.

Replace all three at one time and your tractor may work again.

Dale G. Basgall

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: