SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

John Deere LX172 ...where is the "nuetral switch" ?

Bob My machine may or may not start depending on that days luck.

It appears the battery is competely dead when it won't start. If I move the machine, change gears and put it back in nuetral , it may start.
Once I get it started, it may start fine for the next 5 tries or it may not start again.

I bought a nuetral switch but I don't know where it is.
Please describe its location and any precautions I should take to install would be appreciated.
Thanks
Bob

Doug Metz it is on top of the transmission. you must remove the seat and entire rear pan, including bolts under the clutch / brake. you will see the wires at this point.
Richard Handwork Four bolts hold on the cover you sit on two by the seat. Remove the seat first unplug the seat safety switch. Two are under where you put your feet. Remove the two nuts 13mm for both nuts and bolts.
Pick up the cover and remove after removing the gear shift knob it screws on. Pick up the gas tank and move it forward don't disconnect unless you want to change it.Its located under the pulley for the transmission in the front. As I found I wasn't getting power to the switch I didn't pull mine I think it threads in. Another wire was cut but I think it would go to another switch.
Use a jumper to determine which one is bad and then replace.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: