SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

JD 850

Stan Dean
What is considered too many hours on an 850?
[Tractor A] I'm looking at has about 1550 hours, and the other, [tractor B ]has about 2500. The later was maintained and used to cut grass by the local parks and rec dept. It is loaded with options like PS, canopy, 6' finish mower, turf tires. Tractor (a)is just a straight tractor with ag tires. Both are priced the same. Would the 1000 more hours on [tractor B] be of much concern?

I only put about 100-150 hours a year on a tractor...90% of that for grass cutting 5 acres.

rgaffneyii My 850 has 2050 hours. Has a loader and shows no instance of wanting to slowdown. I've had J.D. mechanics tell me that the lil' tractors that Yanmar built for them were actually TANKS. You have to try to kill one. I would not be afraid of either tractor. You can't go wrong with these tractors, I myself am looking for a 1050 to add to my lil' farm.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: