SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

755 JohnnDeere

Doug M Hey Folks, I recently purchased a 788 John Deere with a 3 cyclinder yanmar engine.

I have a problem. When you start the engine, and it starts very easy, then move the trottle to a higher speed, nothing happens for about 30-45 seconds then it picks up and runs at the right speed.

That's not all. If I stall the engine by overloading, the same thing happens all over again. Does anyone have an idea what might be wrongu

Dale G. Basgall Doug : I have had the exact same situation four times now in the past, and all are on the Yanmar 3 cylinder diesel engines.

Two of the issues were on the F935's and one small John Deere Ag tractor, the other was on a brand new Kubota Zero Turn, anyway the symptoms were the same on all of them and exactly as your problem.

On the 935's it was the rubber fuel lines inside the fuel tanks had rotted enough in the center that when the fuel came to 1/2 tank on either tank they did what yours is doing, on the ag tractor it was one leaking injector that would allow bubbles to be blown back into the pump housing on the compression storke of the cylinder the bad injector was in.

The Kubota on the other hand never got fixed by me or the Kubota dealer or any other mechanic that worked on it and it had the same problem yours does. As the engine was running it would run great but then just at certain times and not always under a load it would produce air bubbles back into the fuel system, the only for sure solution was to replace the injectors, all of them cause it would only do it under certain circumstances. We did everything we could and it still did not work. The Kubota dealer checked and charged the customer $1,700.00 for replacement of everything except the injectors and it still has the problem.

Good luck and when you find the problem please write back on the forum because I am really interested in what the problem was.

Dale G. Basgall

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: