SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

john deere 314 carb settings

karen i have a 314 that we picked up from a friend we are trying to find the base settings for the carb
Tony Bachler Ifm i'm not mistaken that has a kohler; A fine fine engine, and simple to work on. Take tha air cleaner off take the air cleaner mounting off the carb. take the cables off the carb choke/throttle. Take the carb off the engine block, One bolt is a stinker but doable, Take the carb. to your bench ,i lay it on a news paper that is held down by my bud can. now take the bowl off ttake the needles out air, is at a angle on the side of carb fuel is the long one down the center, Shake the float, when it has been removed to see if it has any gas in it, spray the interior with carb cleaner, i use the compressor/air to blow it dry. Assemble in reverse. I like to set the float with a 3/16" drill bit, That is the top of the float to carb. the air and fuel needles I finger tight then back them out 1 turn. The air I adjust at idle Were the engine runs free without laboring. now the fuel the one in the center. Run engine full throttle adjust to were the engine runs free then turn it counter clock wise about 1/8 turn the engine will labor just a bit . That is perfect., Any problems shoot me an email.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: