SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

JD 2010 rear hydraulics

Martin Cole I have a JD 2010 with a front end loader. I bought it at an auction, it did not have a manual. How do I get the rear hydraulics to work. Is it a separate hydraulic system ? If so, what oil do I use and where is the filler plug ?
John Heine Lever on dash on left side runs rear hydraulics.Same oil in hydraulic and transmission.Were are controls for loader?
Martin Cole There are four levers on the dash. The one on the left has to be moved down to get the loader to work. There are two levers away from the dash, on the loader support frame. These control the bucket up and down and the raising of the loader. I don't know what the other three levers on the dash are for. Also below the left side of the seat are two other levers one with three notches to engage and the other has no notches. both are side to side.
John Heine You are using remote control valves to operate loader.If you want outlet on back to operate you will have shut oil off to loader.Where are the loader hoses attached?2 inside levers on dash are for rockshaft it dual rockshaft which was made for front mounted cultivators.If you look at the top of lift arms you will see 2 top arms coming off rockshaft with a pin through both arms when using front cultivator pin was removed and you could use one lever to lift front of cultivator 2nd lever to lift rear. Hope I made it clear. JOHN
Martin Cole Thanks for the information John, It's pouring with rain right now. Ill try what you suggest later today and let you know the results

Thanks again.

Tim Lloyd Hi John,

I also have a question regarding the rear hydraulics on a JD Model 2010. I have one of these beasts, 1965 - I believe, the power steering and front hydraulics work fine. I tested the front buck under load and it had no problems lifting a weight of 300 lbs. The rear hydraulics do not work that well. When the tractor is cold the rear hydraulics will lift and lower my grader blade, however when the tractor warms up the rear hydraulics do not work at all. I have taken the blade off and placed a counter weight on the machine and the rear hydraulics will hold the weight a raised poistion. I have changed the hydraulic fluid and cleaned the filter and the problem continued to exist.

Do you have any suggestions. Is this a hydraulic pump problem?

Thanks for your help,
Tim

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: