SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Brake Issues

Chris Lange I have inherited a 420w John Deere. Love the tractor. It is a little rough right now but it is still a fantastic machine. On to my problem that I am working on right now. The left brake assembly is what I am working on. I would call it the adjuster bolt, the bolt that comes out of the drum on the Left side and goes through the bottom of the pedal (or it should if it wasn't broken) needs to be replaced. 1st, I have taken the step off, the brake lever, and removed the hydrolic block that is bolted to the brake drum. There are no more bolts visible on the drum. Can I just knock that drum off and see the actuator or do I need to do something more. Once I get in there can I replace just that bolt and clevis or do I have to replace the whole actuator? PLEASE HELP ME. Next issue will be steering leak. Also looking for a fuel tank, mine leaks ever so slightly. I will be talking to you all alot if this all works out for me. Thank you for your time and look forward to hearing from you all.
John Heine If you have bolts out whole brake should come off tractor.When off brake disks and actuator can be taken out of housing.Actuator has two plates with large steel balls between them when you push on pedal you move one half they have grooves where steel balls run spreads two halves brakes go on.Yon can get your broken part off and replace it.Take springs off two halves and clean rust and dirt out where ball run. good luck john

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: