SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Have my 318 running now, but engine dies if I engage pto or tranny.

Richard (Joe) Towns After spending all last summer and fall tearing down, replacing the starter, and re-assembling my 318. I finally have the engine running, but when I try to move it forward or reverse, or engage the mower deck the engine stalls. Are the two safety switch for these common to one shut-off solenoid, and if so where is it?
Tony Bachler HELLO; You have 3 safety switches , #1 under the seat, #2on the shift lever, Look down the neutral Slot behind the shift lever; #3 on the brake pedal. It is on the inside of the right side frame, neer the cross over shaft. The problem you discribe points to the seat switch. Put a jumper across the female plug after you unpluc it from the seat switch,
Tony Bachler I forgot IF the seat switch is bad do not leave Jumper on it. Replace switch.
Richard (Joe) Towns Thanks, Tony, but I already tried that,and it's not the seat switch. Haven't checked the brake one yet. I still think it's something common to both the pto, and tranny switches, as both of them have the same effect.
Mike Make sure that the 3amp fuse if not blown. If it is the result is exactly what you are experiencing. Mine seems to blow frequently although I can't find a short.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: