SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

1520 John Deere help!

Donna I have a 1520 series John Deere tractor, earlier today I went out to move round bales, I had a round bale on my 3 point hitch & I went to drop it but my hitch won't go down......the bale is up as high as it will go, but it seems like something "gave" in my handle when I went to put the bale down........ it moves to freely. I got off to do finish plowing with the truck & let the tract or sit for about an hour or so. It looked like the bale had dropped some from just sitting there with the tractor off, when I started it up the arms raised the bale back up again without me touching it! Anyone have any idea on what could be wrong??
Jimmy My guess is it is out of adjustment. If you get a service manual it will tell you how to adjust the lift. I had the same problem adjusted it and it works good now.
Donna I've been reading the manual that I have, it really doesn't tell me what to do. If the tractor sits the bale will go down in about 3 hours, but as soon as I start the tractor up, it automatically lifts it up again, & I have the lever all the way down.
What did you do to yours to adjust it?
Thanks for the help!!!

Jimmy What year is the tractor first. Also my 2nd thought is the piston seal in the lift is bypassing oil causing a leakdown when it sits. An IT manual at TSC will tell you. Reply back with the year of it then I will know more of it. Good Luck
Donna I don't know the year, when I bought the tractor the all the seller told me it was in the 70's....sorry.
Jimmy Well then you take the plug out the back (under the remote) and weld a 9/16 socket on a long extension and you put it through the plug hole and adjust the lift in all the positions L and D then make sure it works in LD. I and T manual will tell you more. Good Luck.
Donna Thanks for your help. I tried taking the bolt off that holds the arm on, but that bugger is painted on there good!
Now a hydraulic hose broke on my front end loader so I can't move the bucket up!! I'm beginning to believe that John Deere sucks!!

Jimmy YOU should have got a JOHN DEERE 3020 OR 4020. Them ARE the BEST!!!
DANIEL KENNEDY MAKE SURE NUT ON LOWER LIFT HANDLE HASN'T SLIPPED.RAISE HANDLE TO TOP WITH TRACTOR OFF,FOLLOW LEVER TO BOTTOM WHERE IT FASTENS ,LOOSEN 9/16 NUT,HOLD LEVER TO REAR AND WITH PLIERS OR HAND MOVE SLOTTED SQUARE TOWARD FRONT OR TRACTOR AND TIGHTEN.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: