SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

4430 remote leaks

Henry The rear remote leaks while I have hydraulic hoses attached, the dealer says they have repair kits, how hard is it to repair?
Jimmy It is a tuffy. All kind of little o rings and things in there. How bad does it leak. If not bad then dont worry because that is normal. If its bad then it will have to be fixed.
henry It runs out while the tractor is running I would say it would probably leak a gallon or so of hyrd oil.If i used it all day. The other side is fine. Thanks for yuor help.
henry It runs out while the tractor is running I would say it would probably leak a gallon or so of hyrd oil. If i used it all day. The other side is fine. Thanks for your help.
Jimmy Thats alot. So I would get it fixed. Take it off and take them to a mechanic. Unless you have a manual and skills for the job. I wouldnt take it to deere though.
Shaun Wallace If leaking when tips pluged in the oring and backup need replaced. Few minute job with oring pick. done many in field sometimes with pocket knife.
Roger Does it leak where the hose end goes in to the coupler, or does it leak from the back side of the housing? If it is leaking from where the hose end goes in. Make sure to check the hose end. sometimes it will have a groove worn into it from the o-rings in the quick coupler. If the hose end it all right, the it is probably just the quad ring and teflon back up ring that is easly replace. Make sure you don't get a twist the quad ring. Also make sure you the quad ring and backup ring in the right order.

If it is leaking from the back side of the houseing, take it in and have it fixed right.

I have fixed a lot of quick couplers that would have needed as much repaired if they would have been brought to the dealer first.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: