SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

2940 John Deere

Eric I have a John Deere 2940 and found a small pin in the high low pump case while disassembling it. How can I found out where this went. I have not been able to match it up with any of the manuals I have looked at. I can post a picture if this helps. It is about 1/2 inch long and 1/8 inch diameter with a flat side looking like the letter D. Any ideas?
Hoss Post a picture of the pin and a picture of where you found it and I will give it a shot. 1/8" pin doesn't come to mind in that area.
Hoss I dont know anyway so it dont matter what you do
Hoss I think somebody doesn't like me trying to help people so they are posting under my name just to cause trouble.
Hoss Im just messing with you just to see what you would say. No worries
Hoss Don't take no beef with me I'm just trying to help. Use your own name now.
Eric Ok Buddy
Henry Didn't think that sounded like a response from Hoss. The real one.
Eric I will take a picture and post it then. Thanks for the help (From the real one)
John Heine good luck on doing that bud...
bontai Joe Hey Hoss, I've had some clown impersonate me here as well. Seems to be a recent phenomenon, probably kids with nothing better to do. I figure all we can do is ignor them and continue to help out folks when we can. Most folks will recognize the nit wits when they pop up anyway.
WILBERT BOLDEN THIS IS A MASSEY FEGURSON 65 ANG I N A WIRING HARNESS FOR IT THE TRACTOR RUNS FINE WHEN THE WIRES ARE CORRECT SOME ONE PLEASE SEND ME THE WIRING DIGRAM SO I CAN GET IT UP AND RUNNING. I THANK ALL YOU GUYS IN ADVANCE.
Hoss Yeah how long have they been doing that.
bontai Joe Hoss, I dont know how long but its kinda funny. But I dont care how long they do it.
bontai Joe Hoss, the clown that mentioned how funny it is, is an imposter. I find it sad that a nit wit has to entertain himself in such a childish way on a forum whose focus is to help people with tractor problems. The forum is graciously provided by the folks that run a website selling hard to get parts for old machines, They don't have to, but they do it as a service. They have to fight spammers and now these twits. It would be a shame if they ever decide it ain't worth the time to police this and shut it down. I'm hoping that who ever the moron is will finally get his new edition of guitar hero and disappear into an oblivion of rock fantasy.
Hoss yeah
Eric After a lot of looking we determined that the tractor had been taken apart before and that it must have gotten in to the housing before after a lot of looking and going through the books there was NOWAY that could have come from any part in there. Thank you for you time and the replies and willingness to help. Thank you.

Eric

bontai Joe I'm glad you got it figured out. Interesting little part you found, and I'm still trying to figure out it's possible origin, maybe some sort of index pin used at assembly that's supposed to be removed once parts are lined up and got dropped in by mistake?
Mike Cox I have a 2940 and the clutch pedal goes all the way to the stop on the tractor. I have replaced the slave cylinder and the master clinder. I have added two bottles of brake fluid to the resovure and still do not have resistance on the clutch. What could be the problem?
DANIEL KENNEDY ERIC; I AM PRETTY SHORE YOU HAVE A BAD BEARING IN THE LARGE GEAR THAT GOES THROUGH THE TRANSMISSION PUMP.WHEN YOU REMOVED THE HI-LOW UNIT ,THE INNER INPUT SHAFT THAT WAS PULLED OUT OF CLUTCH SPLINES ,PULLED (D-SHAPED)NEEDLE BRG.OUT.THE BRG'S ARE SUPPOSE TO BE ROUND AND THEY ARE WORN FLAT ON ONE SIDE.THE BRG.HAS BEEN REPLACED IN JD PARTS.OLD #JD10105--
NEW PART#L65031 ,ALSO I REPLACE SEAL BEHIND BRG.PART#AL28922 . PHONE# 1 (252)568-3969

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: