SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Help to ID my John Deere

David Roy Need help on getting model and year of a tractor I just bought from an old time farmer. I have 2 tags on it. Called local John Deere dealer and he said he cant pull up this tractor from the numbers I gave. Can anyone please help?
Tag on engine block right side says:
TYPE:M53RC SERIAL:1779061
Tag on back by right axle says:
T713R 022164R
Number i found on engine block: T32342
After all my searching and looking at pics, I am thinking either a 2520 or 4020. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I have pics if you need them.
Thanks in advance

Hoss I think you have a 1971 2520. Post a couple of pictures and we can probably tell.
David Roy I will upload pics tonight, and thanks for the quick response.

David Roy
Re: Help to ID my John Deere

heres a picture for you Hoss. Thanks Again

Hoss The picture is a little fuzzy but the oval muffler tells me that it is a 2520. the 2510's had a smaller round muffler.I think I can see the injection pump on the left side meaning it has to be either a 2510 or 2520. so that means it can't be a 3020 because the inj. pump is on the right side. So it looks like you have a 1971 2520.
David Roy Hoss, Thanks a lot for all your help.

Will recommend this site to all my friends.
Thanks again
David

tony i have a 4055 john and when the trans oil gets hot the power shift still in gear,but the rev has no power,but when cold it does fine,and pulling a 15ft, bushhog up hill it hardly pulls it selt i put new filters and new oil in and it stills slips,had john-deere check the psi.on psi, ports said psi are fine,they said we dont know what to do,but if you want to sell it let us know,do you have any info what to do to fix,they said the o-ring is fine,thanks for any help.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: