SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Remove Mower Deck

Franklin 100 Series Is it absolutely necessary to remove my 42" mower deck from my 100 series in order to plow?

if so, how do I do that?

Itsme Thats what manuals are for. Yes mower has to come off. those cheapo deere's use a non-deere plow... a universal one, that has a single rail frame that runs about 1/2 - 3/4 the way under that department store grade painted green machine. I like it when people put blades on those things and drive 50mph into a good snow and ice and bend both like a pretzel. Other series they make that are almost a lifetime tractor for most, would have given you 2-3 or more times the life , that most get out of those 100's especially after you do a silly thing like put a blade on it.
but ...what do I know
good luck!

bontai Joe I can't imagine an application where leaving the mower deck on would be useful, too much chance of getting high centered with the wheels off the ground and all the weight of the tractor resting on the deck. The manual will tell you how to remove the deck. I'm not familial enough with these new ones to know if it HAS to be removed, but I sure would to plow snow, dirt, mulch, etc. It just will work better. As to the above post, yeah, if you slam any of this series into the mound of snow at the end of the drive, you run a good risk of bending something or straining the tranny. These are lawn tractors meant for somewhat light duty snow removal, so the phrase to remember is "easy does it".

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: