SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

'96 425 steering valve to steel hyd. line connection

Jamo Jones Hi Folks,

New to this board & have a question. My 425 popped the steel line off the steering valve. Facing the valve from the front, it's the lower right line. Looks to me as though it may have pulled free from the valve, as I can see a line where it used to be when it was fully poked? Are these some sort of a press fit? I'm hoping to get it fixed ASAP so I can finish blowing snow.
BTW: I'm in upstate NY & we keep getting hammered with the Lake Effect snow. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Much....
Jamo

Hoss The line is probably broken off. I have replaced these lines on 455's before. They have a lip on them to hold an oring, a plate with two bolts hold the lines in. Vibration is usually the culprit. I think the new lines are improved.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: