SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

WHEEL WEIGHTS

JOHN
WHEEL WEIGHTS

I BOUGHT THESE FROM A GUY WHO HAD THEM ON A 318, YES THEY WILL FIT, BUT THEY SIT ON THE CENTER NUT FOR THE REAR AXLE. IS THAT OK OR IS THERE ANOTHER PIECE THAT GOES ON THE RIM FIRST. I WAS GOING TO PUT SOME SPACERS BETWEEN THE RIM AND WEIGHT SO IT WOULD NOT BE RESTING ON THE NUT, THANK YOU VERY MUCH, JOHN

JOHN
Re: WHEEL WEIGHTS

ANOTHER PIC

Dave John - Have you set your wheels to the wide stance position, with the air valve stem on the inside? That may give you enough wheel depth to clear the center nut. - Dave

JOHN YES DAVE I DID TRY THIS ALSO, WEIGHTS FIT BETTER, BUT STILL PUSH ON AXLE NUT, THINK I SOUND PUT SOME SPACERS BETWEEN RIM AND WEIGHT? THEY SIT A LITTLE COCKED ALSO, MAYBE I SHOULD PUT 4 BOLTS IN IN STEAD OF 2 SO THEY SIT EVEN? THANK YOU, JOHN
JOHN YES DAVE I PICKED THESE WEIGHTS UP FROM A GUY 2 HOURS AWAY AND HE SAID THEY WERE 60 POUNDS A SIDE, BUT I SAID THE THINNER ONE WAS 50 POUNDS BY ITSELF HE SAID I DID NOT KNOW WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT, SO I SAID WELL I WILL TAKE THEM FOR THE 60 DOLLARS YOU WANT FOR THEM ANYWAY. ALL 4 WEIGH A TOTAL OF 250.8 POUNDS SO I AM GLAD I DID NOT KNOW WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT, LOL
bontai Joe I haven't seen a pair of the "thin" ones sell for less than $100 in a LONG time. You got one heck of a deal!
JOHN YES BONTAI JOE I THOUGH SO, THERE ARE ALOT OF PEOPLE SELLING THESE AROUND A 2 HOUR DRIVE FROM ME RIGHT NOW, MOST OF THEM HAVE ADDS OUT THERE BUT NO NUMBER OR EMAIL ADDRESS, JUST PICKED UP A PAIR OF FRONT WEIGHTS THAT WEIGH 29# A PIECE FOR 25 BUCKS, THINKING ABOUT BUYING EVERYTHING I CAN AND SELLING FOR PROFIT, BUT I HAVE WHAT I NEEDED FOR MY TRACTOR SO THOUGHT I WOULD LET THESE OUT THERE FOR SOMEONE ELSE, THANKS, JOHN

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: