SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Rebuilding JD 755

Marc Lutz Is it worth it to buy a tired 755 and put the time and energy to rebuild (assuming price is right. Mainly hydraulics but probably in time engine. Also a machine this size how well will the loader dig say for embankment work. Nothing real heavy, I just want to be able to clean up property and say drive-way from time to time. I would put a tooth bar on it for that.
bontai Joe Lots of variables here, depends on the overall condition of the tractor, the purchase price, current hours on the machine, what size project you have in mind for the loader. This is a subcompact utility tractor, not really designed for heavy loader work, so any large project will take a lot longer than if you had a bigger/heavier machine.
Marc Lutz That's what I thought. I'm not looking to make money off of this just property maintinance and improvement, don't care how long it takes. I work heavy highway so I see that equipment and it's capability's. I don't have much experience with compact tractors, but I figured @ $20,000 new they must do something. As far as the 755 it was $6000 1500hrs. Fairly clean but I would put time in to make it like new. Just wondering if you guys thought it was worth the elbow greese.?
bontai Joe I poked around at www.machinefinder.com to look at prices and your tractor with a loader is a pretty good deal at $6000 if 2WD, and excellent deal if 4WD. The 1500 hours on a diesel is realitively low hours depending on what kind of care it got. It's not uncommon for these to run to 4000 hours with out needing an over haul if the oil gets changed as needed and filters get replaced when dirty. I also checked at Deere.com for engine parts availibility as I've heard that Yanmar isn't supporting some engines they supplied to Deere, but this one seems to have most parts available as well as a complete short block. Just keep in mind that you will only have 15 HP to play with, but it is a nice tractor, and can be fitted up with a front snowblower, a cab, and several other nifty attachments.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: