SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

4430 gear shifting issues

shawn eyre I have a 1977 4430 John Deere. It has a wet clutch. My question is its hard to put it in gear and or shift gears. If i get the rpm's up it seems to shift easier. Also at low rpm's the front end loader pulses when i raise the arms. I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this. There is a filter housing right by the hydraulic switch. Im wondering if it's dirty and needs to be cleaned. Any thoughts would be great.
Austin Malone Clean or put in a new filter and screen and your problems might go away. Always start with the cheapest and easiest then if that aint it the it gets expensive.
Shawn Eyre I know it has an external screw-on canister filter for the hydraulics, but where is the screen located? I noticed a wet filter top on the body block next to the hydraulic diverter valve. Is that a washable fiberglass filter or screen as you called it? Forgive my ignorance. It's my father-in-laws tractor and he recently passed on so I'm having to take care of the ranch now. I have mechanical skills, just need a little guidance on that tractor.
Hoss The sump screen is further back than the filter right in front of the axle housing right at the bottom but still on the side of the trans case. It is about a 2 1/2" plug with a 1/2" square hole for a ratchet to fit in.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: