SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Does Deck need to be down to start 180

jayell My neighbor has a Johne Deere 180 which has not been started for about 5 years. There is oil in it, no gasoline, and I am trying to get it started. I put a good battery in it and tried to get it to just turn over, without any gasoline added. The Lights will come on but when I turn the starter switch all I get it a loud CLICK. It won't even turn over.

I looked at the saftey mechanisms for starting it and there is one reference that the deck should be lowered when starting the 180.

I am sitting on the seat, with the brake pedal held down, and with the switch at the top right set UP, and the light come one, but when I turn the starter switch all i get is the click.

Question: Does The Deck Need To Be Down In Order To Start the 180. AND does it need to have gasoline in it just to turn over the engine?

The problem is, I can not lower the deck!! The mechanism does not work, and seems to be disconnected.

Is This Why It Won't Start?

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: