SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

John Deere 430

Steve I have a 430 John Deere that the mower deck drops out and when it starts it continues no matter how many times you reset it. Also after it does this foe awhile the engine starts to cut out and will finally die. I have replaced the pto switch and the seat switch. It didn't make any difference. Are there any other switches that could cause these symptoms?

bontai Joe It sounds like the tractor's electrical charging system isn't generating enough electricity to keep the PTO energized (the PTO is a big electromagnetic clutch) The clue being that the PTO fails first, then later there isn't enough elctricity to power the motor's ignition system and the motor dies.
Steve I never have a problem with the battery being low...is that seperate from the engine charging system...I did notice a couple of times the charge light flicker a bit just before the engine shuts down....

bontai Joe If your battery is always charged, then I have no idea what could be causing the problem, it's an electrical glitch somewhere, and you need some one better at electronics than me.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: