SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

JD400 Brake lock up

Ray C My JD400 Loader has a problem with the left side rear brake seeming to be locked. There were some unfortunate noises come out of it when I applied the brake and now the left rear wheel doesn't want to turn and seems to be binding then relaseing in short bursts. The machine is now stranded until I can repair it, unable to move.
Dale G. Basgall Ray, the JD loaders are 444, 544, 644,744, 844 and so on, these are yellow articulated loaders. Is yours a green tractor with a 400 loader ? What is the tractor model ?

Usually an axle bearing or on the left side is usually the differential lock collar. You need to remove the wheel and then remove the final housing and see what's up in there. The final comes off really easy.

Dale G. Basgall

richard ahearn the bolt on the end of axle shaft has loosened up or broke. you can cause pinion damage to the axle planets by using the tractor. remove the axle housing and see whats broken inside. be sure to shim adjust the axle bearings and grease the outer bearing. you should do both sides and replace the brakes while your in there.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: