SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

PTO pedal will not engage with tractor on

Drav Hello. I recently purchased a 1958 John Deere 620. The only apparent issue my 620 has (besides the common oil leak around the top link arm) is that I can not push the PTO pedal forward while the tractor is running. To engage it I have to shut the tractor off and then push the foot pedal forward. At that point it pushes forward with what I believe is the correct amount of resistance (I grew up on a JD 630).

I have not started down the road of adjusting anything yet concerning the PTO so I haven't dug in too deep but I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this issue.

The PTO does spin when it is engaged, even with the pedal down so I know that the break needs adjusting. Other than that, it doesn't make a lot of sense to me why the pedal will not go forward while the tractor is running.

Thank you.

Drav In case someone searches for this later, the fix was quite easy and maybe that is why no one replied.

I simply changed the oil, using a "cleaning agent" after draining the old. I put in a non detergent 10W and the PTO works as it should now.

If you run into this issue, please try a good oil changing before you begin adjusting everything. I am glad I did or I would have thrown everything out of alignment.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: